Page 1 | Page 2
- Soothe athlete’s foot. Apply Dannon Yogurt to the affected areas, let dry, then rinse clean, and dry thoroughly. The Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria (probiotics) in the yogurt counteract tinea pedis, the fungus that has invaded your feet.
- Soothe sunburn pain. Spread Dannon Yogurt on the sunburn, let sit for twenty minutes, then rinse clean with lukewarm water.
- Minimize flatulence. Eating a cup of Dannon Nonfat Yogurt a few times a week can help reduce flatulence. The Lactobacillus acidophilus (probiotics) in yogurt breaks down milk sugars, relieving gas problems created by dairy products. Yogurt also helps maintain a healthy balance of beneficial bacteria in your digestive system. Also, taking antibiotics can give you gas because they kill the beneficial bacteria in the intestines, allowing other bacteria and microorganisms to propagate and generate toxins that cause gas. Eating a cup of yogurt daily restores the bacterial balance and clears up the flatulence.
- Reduce the occurrence of yeast infections. The March 1992 issue of the Annals of Internal Medicine reports that daily consumption of yogurt containing Lactobacillus acidophilus cultures results in a three-fold decrease in the incidence of candida vaginitis (yeast infections).
- Diminish age spots. Blend equal parts Dannon Nonfat Yogurt and SueBee Honey. Apply the mixture to the affected area, let sit for thirty minutes, and wash clean. Use daily until the homemade bleaching agent fades the age spot.
- Enhance your immune system. According to the International Journal of Immunotherapy, yogurt with active cultures enhances the body's immune system by increasing the production of gamma interferons, which play a key role in fighting certain allergies and viral infections. Other studies indicate that yogurt can help prevent gastrointestinal infections (lactic acid helps inhibit the growth of food-borne pathogens, and yogurt cultures produce bacteriocins which restore natural intestinal cultures).
- Quell bad breath. Eat a cup of Dannon Yogurt. The live bacteria in yogurt, specifically Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus (probiotics), seem to stymie the odor-producing anaerobic bacteria that grow on the tongue and in the mouth.
- Moisturize skin. Before taking a shower, cover your entire body with Dannon Plain Yogurt (add an optional teaspoon of Star Olive Oil, if desired), wait ten minutes, then rinse clean with warm water. The yogurt moisturizes the skin.
- Prevent diarrhea while taking antibiotics. Eat Dannon Yogurt with active cultures while taking antibiotics. Antibiotics may kill healthful bacteria in addition to disease-bearing ones, but the Lactobacillus acidophilus in yogurt produce bacteriocins which restore natural intestinal cultures.
- Reduce eczema. If you suffer from eczema, eat a cup of Dannon Plain Nonfat Yogurt every day. The beneficial Lactobacillus acidophilus (probiotics) in yogurt help maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in your digestive system, which, studies show, reduces eczema.
Page 1 | Page 2
Copyright © 1995- Joey Green. "Dannon" is a registered trademark of the Dannon Company.