Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3
- Clean dust from silk or polyester flowers. Place the artificial flowers in a larger paper grocery store bag, add one-quarter cup Morton Salt, fold the top of the bag closed, and shake the bag vigorously. Open the bag and shake any remaining salt off the flowers.
- Stop pipes from freezing or thaw frozen pipes. Sprinkle Morton Salt down waste pipes in cold weather.
- Clean a broken egg from a kitchen floor. If you accidentally drop an egg on the kitchen floor, cover the spill with Morton Salt. The salt absorbs the egg, allowing you to pick up the mess with a sheet of paper towel.
- Cure athlete’s foot. Dissolve eight teaspoons of salt in a quart of warm water and soak your feet in the solution for five to ten minutes daily until the problem disappears. The salt creates an inhospitable environment for the fungus.
- Clean gunk from a vase. Pour one-quarter cup Morton Salt into the empty vase, fill the vase with ice cubes, and swirl the vase so that the ice cubes whirl around inside it, scrubbing the stains with the abrasive salt.
- Prolong the life of a broom (made from sorghum, not plastic). Dissolve one-half cup Morton Salt in a bucket of hot water, and dip the bristles in the solution. The salt water toughens up the bristles so they last longer.
- Clean dust off silk flowers. Put the flowers in a large paper bag, pour in two cups Morton salt, close the bag, and shake. Salt knocks the dust off the flowers. Remove the flowers from the bag and shake off the excess salt.
- Reduce dandruff. Dissolve three tablespoons Morton Salt in one cup of warm water. Wet your hair with the salt water, massage gently into your scalp, then shampoo as usual. Salt helps reduce dandruff and kill any bacteria in your hair that might be causing your dry scalp.
- Clean a porcelain sink and fixtures. Rub with a soft, damp cloth sprinkled with Morton Salt.
- Deodorize smelly feet. Dissolve one cup of salt in a gallon of warm water and soak your feet in the solution. The salt water solution dries the skin.
- Kill fleas in carpeting. Sprinkle Morton Salt on carpets, let sit for at least three hours, and vacuum thoroughly.
- Soothe a sore throat. Dissolve one teaspoon of Morton Salt in a glass of warm water and gargle with the solution three times a day to relieve your throat and loosen phlegm.
Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3
Copyright © 1995-2017 Joey Green. "Morton" is a registered trademark of Morton Salt, Inc.