- Soften new jeans. Fill your washing machine with water, add one capful of Downy Fabric Softener, soak the jeans overnight, then run through the rinse cycle and dry.
- Keep paintbrushes soft. Add a drop of Downy Fabric Softener to the final rinse.
- Clean hard water stains from windows. Cover the stain with full-strength Downy Fabric Softener, wait ten minutes, then rinse with a damp cloth.
- Dissolve excess soap suds in your washing machine. Add a capful of Downy Fabric Softener to the washload.
- Remove old wallpaper. Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener with one quart of hot water in a plastic bucket, sponge the wallpaper, wait twenty minutes, and peel off the paper.
- Clean glass and Plexiglas tabletops. Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener in a gallon of water in a plastic bucket, and sponge the tabletops with this lint-free cleanser.
- Clean soap scum from shower doors. Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener with a quart of warm water in a plastic bucket, and use a clean cloth to wipe the shower doors clean.
- Eliminate static shock on carpets. Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener into a spray bottle filled with water, and spray the carpets.
- Use as cream rinse for your hair. If you're out of cream rinse, use a drop of Downy Fabric Softener in your final rinse.
Copyright © 1995-2017 Joey Green. "Downy" is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble.