Page 1 | Page 2
- Clean tiles. Mix equal parts Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and Epsom Salt, apply the gritty paste to grimy tiles, and scrub with a brush. The Epsom Salt gives the dishwashing liquid abrasiveness.
- Clean food stains from clothes. Mix two teaspoons Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, two teaspoons Heinz White Vinegar, and two quarts warm water. Use the solution to wash food stains from clothes.
- Clean grease stains from clothes. Rub a few drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid into the grease stain and then launder as usual. Dawn cuts through grease.
- Wash windows. To make a powerful window cleanser, mix one teaspoon Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and one teaspoon Kingsford Corn Starch in one gallon water. Saturate a clean cloth with the sudsy water, wash the window with it, and dry with a clean cloth. The cornstarch prevents streaks.
- Clean a barbecue grill. Mix up a solution of one-half cup Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and one gallon water. Place the grease-coated barbecue grill inside a Glad Trash Bag, pour the soapy solution over the rack inside the bag, seal the bag shut, and let sit overnight. The following day, scrub the rack with a wire brush and rinse clean.
- Find a puncture in a car, truck, or bicycle tire. Mix a few drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid with water, and brush the soapy solution on a leaky tire. The bubbles will indicate the exact location of the puncture. Also, be sure to check around the tire valve.
- Clean grease or paint from hands. Pour equal amounts of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and Wesson Corn Oil in your cupped palm, scrub yourself with the mixture, and then rinse with water. The unusual combination of vegetable oil and dishwashing detergent cleanses the pores and leaves hands soft and moist.
- Help get rid of a yeast infection. Kill the candida albicans fungus in your panties with a few drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid on the crotch and scrubbing with water before throwing the garments in your regular wash.
- Clean brake dust from car wheels. Mix a few drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid in a bucket of water, sponge down the wheels with the solution, and then rinse clean with water. The dishwashing detergent cuts through grease.
- Fish electrical cable through conduits. Mix one teaspoon Dawn Dishwashing Liquid in a sixteen-ounce trigger spray bottle filled with water, shake well, and spray the cable with the soapy solution. The soap will help the cable glide through winding conduits.
- Prevent insects from entering your home. Squeeze out a line of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid around the jamb of an entry door or the frame of a window. Invading insects—like beetles, ants, and silverfish—will crawl into get stuck in the soap. Then you just wash away the line of soap with a hose.
- Clean milk stains from clothes. Squirt a dab of Dawn dishwashing liquid on the stain, scrub it with a clean, used Oral-B Toothbrush, and then toss the garment in your regular wash.
- Prevent eyeglasses from fogging up. Rub a drop of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid on eyeglasses, and then wipe them clean leaving a thin film to prevent them from fogging up.
Page 1 | Page 2
Copyright © 1995-2018 Joey Green. "Dawn" is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble.