Page 1 | Page 2
- Make your own conditioner. In a bowl, mix five tablespoons Dannon Plain Yogurt and one egg yolk with a whisk to create a creamy paste. Set aside while you shampoo your hair and dry with a towel. Massage the conditioning mixture into your hair, cover with a plastic shower cap (or wrap your head in Saran Wrap—above the eyes, nose, and mouth), wrap in a warm towel, and wait fifteen minutes. Rinse your hair clean with warm water, followed by a final rinse of cold water. The lecithin in egg yolk helps enrich dry hair, adding volume and body.
- Cure dandruff. Work Dannon Nonfat Yogurt into your scalp, let sit for thirty minutes, and rinse thoroughly. The Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria (probiotics) in the yogurt devour the yeast Pityrosporum orbiculare that causes dandruff.
- Tighten pores and cleanse skin. Spread Dannon Yogurt over your face, wait twenty minutes, then wash with lukewarm water.
- Prevent the outbreak of chronic cold sores or speed healing during an outbreak. Eat two to three cups of Dannon Nonfat Yogurt daily. The Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria (probiotics) in the yogurt helps fight off the herpes virus. Yogurt also contains high amounts of lysine, an amino acid that inhibits the virus.
- Reduce body odor. Eating a cup of Dannon Nonfat Yogurt daily reduces the malign bacterial in the intestine that can cause fierce body odor. Dannon Nonfat Yogurt contains the beneficial bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus (probiotics), which help minimize bad bacteria and sustain the health of the intestines.
- Cure yeast infections. Use a turkey baster to insert yogurt into the vagina. According to The New Our Bodies, Ourselves, some women claim that yogurt in the vagina is a remedy for candida albicans.
- Relieve the pain of a minor burn. Smear Dannon Yogurt over the affected area and let sit for fifteen minutes.
- Prevent canker sores or ease the pain of an existing canker sore and speed healing. Eat a cup of Dannon Yogurt once or twice a day. The beneficial Lactobacillus acidophilus (probiotics) in yogurt reduce the number of harmful bacteria in your mouth. Yogurt also contains high amounts of lysine, an amino acid that seems to fight canker sores.
- Make yogurt cheese. Yogurt cheese has the same consistency as cream cheese but is much lower in fat. It can be used as a spread for bagels, toast, and crackers, or as a low-calorie, low-fat, low-cholesterol substitute for cream cheese in traditional cheese cake recipes. To make yogurt cheese, empty a pint of Dannon Yogurt into a large, fine-meshed strainer or colander lined with a double thickness of cheesecloth, a coffee filter, or yogurt strainer. Place a bowl under the strainer to catch the liquid (whey) that drains from the yogurt. Cover the remaining yogurt and refrigerate for eight to 24 hours (texture will vary depending on how long it drains). Save the calcium-rich whey to use in soups and gravies. Makes about one cup of yogurt cheese.
Page 1 | Page 2
Copyright © 1995-2019 Joey Green. "Dannon" is a registered trademark of the Dannon Company.