Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- Clean stained grout. Pour Coca-Cola over the affected area, let sit for five minutes, and wipe clean. The phosphoric acid in the Coke cleans the grout.
- Remove Krazy Glue from any surface. Pour Coca-Cola over the glue, wait five minutes, and then wipe up the glue and soda.
- Clean rust stains from a sink. Cover the stains with Coca-Cola, let sit for one hour, and rinse clean. The phosphoric acid in the Coke removes the rust.
- Remove rust spots from a chrome bumper. Crumple up a sheet of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil, dip it in Coca-Cola, and scrub the bumper.
- Clean corrosion from car battery terminals. Pour Coca-Cola over the terminals. The carbonic acid in the soft drink fizzes away the corrosion.
- Prevent the drain in a kitchen sink from getting clogged. Once a week pour a bottle of Coca-Cola down the kitchen drain, and let sit overnight to dissolve grease build-up and prevent clogs.
- Remove rust from wrought iron to prepare for painting. Saturate a Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge with Coca-Cola and scrub the rusty spot on the wrought iron. The phosphoric acid in the Coke removes the rust.
- Clean a burn stain from a pot or pan. If you burn a pot or pan on the stove and want to clean out the brown burn stain, boil some Coca-Cola in the pot or pan and the burn stain will come off.
- Clean grime from a mirror. Fill a trigger-spray bottle with Coca-Cola, spray the mirror, and rinse clean with a soft, clean cloth dampened with water. The phosphoric acid in the Coke cleans the grunge from the mirror.
- Clean a grease stain from a vinyl floor. Pour Coca-Cola over the stain, let sit for two hours, and mop up the mess. The phosphoric acid in the Coke helps dissolve the grease stain.
- Give a freshly waxed dance floor more traction. Mop the floor with Coca-Cola and let dry to add a sticky coating to floor that prevents the dances from sliding across a slippery dance floor.
- Strip paint off metal patio furniture. Cover the spot you wish to strip for one week with a bath towel saturated with Coca-Cola. Add more Coke every day to keep the towel wet. The paint strips right off.
- Get rid of fruit flies. Use an electric drill with a one-quarter-inch bit to drill a hole in the cap of a two liter Coke bottle. Leave one inch of Coke (not diet or caffeine-free) in the bottom of the bottle, and set outside. Fruit flies will crawl into the bottle to enjoy the Real Thing, but won’t be able to get back out.
- Boost a compost bin. Pouring flat Coca-Cola into the compost pile helps jumpstart the microorganisms. The Real Thing increases the acidity and the sugar feeds the microorganisms, increasing the organic matter in the compost.
- Tenderize beef. Place the meat in a Ziploc Freezer Bag, pour a can of Coca-Cola into the bag, seal securely, and let marinade for two to three hours. The acids in the Coke tenderizes the meat.
- Clean grease and grime off car engine parts. Soak the engine parts in Coca-Cola for thirty minutes and then rinse clean.
- Soothe a jellyfish sting. Pouring the Real Thing over a jellyfish sting relieves the stinging pain. The acids in the Coke seem to neutralize the venom, according to The Medical Journal of Australia.
- Relieve an upset stomach, nausea, or the pangs of food poisoning. Open a can of Coca-Cola, let it sit until it goes flat (roughly thirty minutes), and then drink the defizzed Real Thing. Coca-Cola syrup is used an elixir to cure upset stomachs, and flat cola also works, according to The Doctor’s Book of Home Remedies. Letting the bubbles out of the soda prevents the carbonation from further upsetting your stomach.
- Relieve a headache. In 1886, Atlanta pharmacist John Pemberton invented Coca-Cola as a headache cure and marketed the soft drink as “a valuable Brain Tonic.” Two years later fellow Atlanta pharmacist Asa Cander, convinced that drinking Coca-Cola relieved his migraine headaches, purchased the rights to the formula. The 45 milligrams of caffeine in a twelve-ounce can of Coke acts as a vasoconstrictor, reducing swelling of blood vessels that cause migraine headache pain.
Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
Copyright © 1995-2019 Joey Green. "Coca-Cola" is a registered trademark of the Coca-Cola Company.