Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- Clean a toilet. Pour a can of Coca-Cola into your toilet, let it sit for one hour, brush and flush. The citric acid, ascorbic acid, and phosphoric acid in Coke remove stains from vitreous china. When a two-liter bottle of Coca-Cola goes flat in your refrigerator, don’t throw it out. Use it to clean your toilet.
- Clean bloodstains from clothes. Saturate the bloodstain with Coca-Cola, let sit five minutes, and then launder as usual. Coke removes blood from clothing—even dried blood that has gone through the washing machine and dryer.
- Fertilize azaleas or gardenias. Watering azaleas or gardenias with Coca-Cola increases the acidity in the soil, which azaleas love, and boosts plant performance. The sugar in the Coke feeds microorganisms in the soil, increasing the organic matter in the soil.
- Clean milk stains from clothes. Saturate the milk stains with a can of Coca-Cola, let the garment sit for five minutes, and then launder in your regular wash.
- Make barbecue sauce. Make an excellent barbecue sauce by mixing Coca-Cola with Heinz Ketchup. Brush the mixture on chicken or ribs while grilling.
- Prevent an asthma attack. If you feel the onset of an asthma attack and you don’t have your inhaler with you, drink two cans of Coke. The caffeine can help thwart an asthma attack in an emergency until you can get to your medicine or inhaler, according to the book Home Remedies from the Country Doctor.
- Relieve constipation. Drinking a can of the Real Thing can have a laxative result. Caffeine is a mild laxative, according to The Doctor’s Book of Food Remedies.
- Condition hair. To give your hair a great shine, pour a can of Coca Cola into your hair, working it in well, and then rinse your hair with water.
- Clean rust in a bathtub. Saturate an abrasive sponge with Coca-Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the Coke removes rust.
- Clean oil spots from a driveway. Pour a can of Coca-Cola on the oil stain, let sit overnight, and hose clean. Coca-Cola works as a non-toxic degreaser. If the oil stain has been there for twenty years, you may have to use a six-pack—one can of Coca-Cola at a time.
- Clean eyeglasses. To clean grime from a pair of eyeglasses, pour Coca-Cola over the eyeglasses, rinse clean with water, and dry well. The phosphoric acid cleans the grunge from the eyewear.
- Clean oil stains from a garage floor. Pour enough Coca-Cola over the stain to saturate it, let sit for thirty minutes, and rinse clean with a garden hose. Repeat if necessary.
- Mousse hair. Mix equal parts Coca-Cola and water in a trigger spray bottle and shake well. After getting out of the shower or bath, spray a light coat of the diluted Coke over your hair to give your locks a tousled look.
- Clean a stained glass coffeepot. Fill the coffeepot with Coca-Cola, let it stand overnight, and then rinse clean. The phosphoric acid and ascorbic acid in the Cokes cleans the grime from the pot.
- Kill slugs and snails. Fill jar lids with flat Coca-Cola and set in the garden. Slugs and snails, attracted by the sweet soda, will slither into the jar lid to imbibe—only to be killed by the acids in the Coke.
- Clean hard water stains, lime scale, or calcium build-up from a teakettle. Fill the teakettle with Coca-Cola and let sit overnight. The phosphoric acid and ascorbic acid dissolve the mineral build-up, and all you need do is rinse the teakettle clean in the morning.
- Clean tarnished pennies. Fill a drinking glass with Coca-Cola and drop in the pennies. Let sit for one hour, and then wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- Prevent diarrhea. When traveling through developing countries where the risk of getting diarrhea is high, drinking Coca-Cola helps minimize your chances of getting the trots, according to The Doctor’s Book of Home Remedies. The acids in Coca Cola help reduce the amount of E. Coli bacteria in your intestines, inhibiting the production of toxins that would otherwise prevent your intestines from absorbing water.
- Remove tar from a car without damaging the finish. Saturate a clean cloth with Coca-Cola and use it to gently rub the spot.
Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
Copyright © 1995-2018 Joey Green. "Coca-Cola" is a registered trademark of the Coca-Cola Company.