Page 1 | Page 2
- Make a handy grip for holding unwieldy objects.If you have difficulty holding pens, silverware, brooms, mops, and rakes, cut a strip of Bubble Wrap, wrap it around the body of the instrument or utensil, and secure in place with a piece of Scotch Packaging Tape, creating an more convenient grip.
- Cushion your tools and prevent them from clanking together when you carry your toolbox. Line the bottom of your toolbox with a sheet of Bubble Wrap.
- Mulch plants. Place long sheets of Bubble Wrap with the bubble-side down on vegetable beds as mulch, securing the plastic in place with stones or weights, Cut slits into the plastic to accommodate seeds or transplants. The radiant heat created by the plastic warms the soil an additional 3 degrees. The sheets of Bubble Wrap can be rolled up at the end of the season and reused the next year. To water beneath the impermeable plastic sheet, use a drip line or soaker hose.
- Make a pillow for back support. Cut rectangular sheets of Bubble Wrap and stuff into an empty pillowcase or a gallon-size Ziploc Freezer Bag. Place the Bubble Wrap pillow behind the small of your back when sitting in an office chair, when driving the car, or on long airplane flights.
- Make a protective collar for strawberry plants. To prevent strawberries from touching the soil, cut a large doughnut shape from a piece of Bubble Wrap and put it around the plant as a collar.
- Make cushioned pads for shoes. Cut foot pads from Bubble Wrap and slip them into your shoes. They’ll cushion your feet for up to six hours.
- Hasten the ripening of strawberries. Make hoop supports by cutting Hula Hoops in half and inserting the legs firmly into the soil. Cover with a canopy made from sheets of Bubble Wrap draped over the hoop supports and secured in place with Scotch Packaging Tape. Do this in early spring and make certain the sheets of Bubble Wrap are high enough not to touch the plants. You can also secure the Bubble Wrap by staking the ends to the ground with wire. At the end of the season, roll up the Bubble Wrap to be used again the following year.
- Repel deer. Lay sheets of Bubble Wrap—held in place with stones—on the ground around the outside of your garden. Deer will not walk on Bubble Wrap.
- Relieve stress. Pop the bubbles in a sheet of Bubble Wrap to relieve tension and provide an harmless outlet for your anxiety and aggression.
- Stop flea beetles that spread viruses from infecting your cabbage patch. Make hoop supports by cutting Hula Hoops in half and inserting the legs firmly into the soil. Cover with a canopy made from sheets of Bubble Wrap and secure to the hoops with Scotch Packaging Tape, making sure the sheets of Bubble Wrap are high enough not to touch the plant. You can also secure the Bubble Wrap by staking the ends to the ground with wire. At the end of the season, roll up the Bubble Wrap to be used again the following year.
Page 1 | Page 2
Copyright © 1995-2019 Joey Green. "Bubble Wrap" is a registered trademark of Sealed Air Corporation.