Page 1 | Page 2
- Wash diapers and baby clothes. Flush out dirty diapers and soak as soon as possible in a diaper pail filled with warm water and one-half cup 20 Mule Team Borax. Pre-soak for at least thirty minutes before washing in warm water, adding one-half cup borax with the recommended amount of detergent. Wash linens, bibs, slips, and cotton crib liners in hot water, adding one-half cup 20 Mule Team Borax and detergent. Borax helps get rid of odors, reduce staining, and make diapers more absorbent.
- Neutralize urine odors from mattresses and mattress covers. Dampen the spot, rub in 20 Mule Team Borax, let dry, then vacuum or brush clean.
- Neutralize pet urine and sour spilled milk odors. Dampen the spot, rub in 20 Mule Team Borax, let dry, then vacuum or brush clean.
- Boost laundry detergent. Add one-half cup 20 Mule Team Borax to each washload along with the recommended amount of detergent. For large capacity and front-loading machines, add three-quarter cup. Borax acts as a water conditioner, boosting the cleaning power of detergent by controlling alkalinity, deodorizing the clothes and aiding the removal of stains and soil.
- Wash delicate hand washables. Dissolve one-quarter cup 20 Mule Team Borax and two tablespoons detergent in a basin of warm water. Soak hand washables for ten minutes, rinse in clear, cool water, blot with a towel, lay flat (woolens) or hang to dry (away from sunlight and direct heat).
- Eliminate bathtub rust stains. Scrub the stains with a paste made from 20 Mule Team Borax and lemon juice.
- Soften soap and rinse waters. Add one tablespoon of 20 Mule Team Borax per quart of water.
- Clean and deodorize a refrigerator. Mix one tablespoon 20 Mule Team Borax in one quart warm water. Wash spilled food with a sponge and soft cloth. Rinse with cold water.
- Keep the water in a humidifier free from odor. Dissolve one tablespoon 20 Mule Team Borax per gallon of water before adding to the unit. Use this treatment once or twice a year.
- Wash windows. Mix one-quarter cup 20 Mule Team Borax, one-half cup ammonia, and two gallons of water to add more sparkle when cleaning windows.
- Reduce ash and eliminate smoke problems from candlewicks in homemade candles. Dissolve one tablespoon of table salt and three tablespoons 20 Mule Team Borax in one cup of warm water. Soak heavy twine in the solution for at least 24 hours. Allow the twine to dry thoroughly before using to make candles.
Page 1 | Page 2
Copyright © 1995-2018 Joey Green. "20 Mule Team" and "Borax" are registered trademarks of United States Borax & Chemical Corp.